Maintenance Tips & Quick Fixes
How often do you think of the maintenance required to keep your home systems and appliances up and running? If you're like most homeowners, probably not often enough.
Not to worry though, we've done the homework for you. Here are several routine maintenance and troubleshooting tips for each of your homes' major systems and appliances.
Air Conditioning System maintenance.
- To ensure efficient operation, check filters every month.
Heating System maintenance.
- Visually inspect exhaust vent for rust, damage or deterioration.
Electrical System maintenance.
- To help prevent power outages, make sure there are not too many appliances plugged into one circuit.
Plumbing System maintenance.
- Toilet paper should be the only paper product flushed down a toilet.
- To adjust the level of your washing machine, turn the legs clockwise to lower them or counter-clockwise to raise them.
- Clean the lint screen after each load of clothes has been dried.
Water Heater maintenance.
- Drain and flush sediment from tank twice a year.
- If you have a self cleaning oven, do not use any other method to clean it.
- Clean the interior shelves, shell and gaskets every three months.
Garbage Disposal maintenance.
- To clean the disposal, feed a full tray of ice cubes through it while running cold water.
Please read your contract for specific coverage, exclusions and limitations. These "maintenance suggestions" are offered as suggestions for your home systems and appliances. If you do not have the requisite knowledge, skill or experience to safely and properly implement any of the "maintenance suggestions" that may apply to your systems or appliances, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FOLLOW THE "MAINTENANCE SUGGESTIONS". CALL A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL. American Home Shield disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any injuries, damages or liabilities that may arise out of any application or implementation, or reliance upon, these "maintenance suggestions".